The Crew™ 2
The Crew™ 2 is a racing game developed by Ivory Tower and published by Ubisoft. It is the sequel to 2014's The Crew. The game was released on June 29, 2018, for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
The game is set in a large open-world environment across the United States. The player can drive vehicles in various disciplines, including road racing, drifting, and off-road racing. The game features a variety of real-world vehicles, including exotic cars, motorcycles, and boats.
The Crew™ 2 received mixed reviews from critics. On Metacritic, the game scored 71 out of 100, based on 49 reviews.
The Crew™ 2 looks good on paper but falls short in practice. The cars and environments are detailed and well-rendered, but the characters and animations are stiff and awkward. The game desperately needs a day/night cycle, as it’s incredibly jarring to be driving down the street at dusk and then see the sun fully set an hour later. There’s also a weird issue where objects will pop in and out of view as you drive around.
The Crew™ 2’s gameplay is a mix of good and bad. The good is the sense of freedom and exploration that the game offers. There’s a lot to see and do, and the world is fun to drive around in. The bad is the fact that the game is straightforward. There’s no real sense of challenge, and it’s all too easy to win races and earn money.
The Crew™ 2’s multiplayer is a disappointment. The game offers a variety of multiplayer modes, but they all feel shallow and lack excitement. The races are bland and uninspired, and there’s nothing to keep players returning for more.
The Crew™ 2 is a game that’s best played in short bursts. There’s not a lot of content here, and it’s all too easy to finish the game in a few hours. However, the game does have some longevity thanks to its online modes.
The Crew™ 2 is a good game that’s marred by some significant flaws. The graphics are good but the characters are a bit awkward, the gameplay is easy but fun, the multiplayer is a disappointment, and the game is best played in short bursts. Despite its flaws, The Crew™ 2 is still an enjoyable racing game that offers a lot of freedom and exploration.
- The game is visually stunning, with realistic graphics that make you feel like you're in the middle of the action;
- There are many different types of vehicles to drive, each with its unique handling and capabilities;
- The missions are varied and entertaining, and there's always something to do on the open world map;
- The online multiplayer is well-made and FUN, with plenty of different game modes to keep you busy;
- The Crew 2 is a great game to simply jump in and out of, thanks to its short mission timers and fast-paced action.
- A few of the missions can feel a bit too repetitive or simple;
- The game can be a bit too easy for experienced players, and some of the more challenging missions can be frustrating;
- The Crew 2 can initially be a bit overwhelming, with many different systems and mechanics to learn.